Ring in the new year with this festive and dramatic cheese board! Celebrating cheeses aged in Swiss caves (those mountains are useful in more ways than one!) I was inspired to make this dark and moody but still oh so festive and cozy.
This holiday season’s collaboration with the cheese makers of Emmi USA has come to a close and I’ve had a blast inspiring you (and eating well!) I hope you have a wonderful night celebrating and ringing in 2018 tomorrow, and if you need more inspiration (and are putting off those resolutions for a few more days) pop over to www.emmiusa.com for more cheese recipes!
Dramatic Cheese Board
everything you need for the board
- Emmi Kaltbach Gruyere
- Emmi Kaltbach Emmentaler
- Emmi Kaltback Le Cremeux
- blood oranges
- fresh figs
- red and dark purple grapes
- dried figs, cherries, and other dark dried fruit
- dried ham or salami (try to find the darkest/leanest you can)
- roasted chestnuts
- chocolate truffles or your favorite chocolate
- Find a dark board or slate. Place the wedges of cheese outward towards the guests and in the corners of the board to define the shape.
- Slice some of the cheese for ease, choosing to cut one type in triangles and the other in rectangles so people can distinguish. You can keep one of the cheeses in a wedge so people can cut it themselves.
- Arrange the fruit, nuts, chutney, chocolate and crackers in the gaps so that it looks ample and full for your guests. Have fun with the different colors and textures, playing around with putting blood orange slices and wedges next to some chocolate or figs. Think about what you’d like to eat together and what looks appealing on the board.
This post has been sponsored by Emmi USA, but all the opinions expressed here are my own.