Shrimp rolls are the perfect summer supper. Made in minutes and great for a backyard gathering or casual evening. Pair with a cold beer or crisp white wine.
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 hot dog buns
- chives or scallions for garnish, optional
- Old Bay seasoning, optional
- Bring a pot of water to boil and if using, add a heaping teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning.
Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they have turned pink, opaque and firm. Remove and add to a bowl of ice water to quickly chill.
- Finely chop the celery and add to a bowl with the mayonnaise. Peel and remove the tails of the shrimp and roughly chop before adding them to the bowl with the celery. Stir well to combine.
- Optional step: toast and butter the hot dog buns
- Fill the buns with the shrimp and garnish with thinly sliced scallions or chives.