I call this one of “what to cook when I have nothing around” meals. Everything is a pantry or fridge essential and can be whipped up in under 20 minutes for a flavorful and simple midweek meal.
Enjoy with a crisp glass of white or rose to really feel like you’re on vacation.
prep 5 mins | cook 10 mins | total 15 mins | serves 1-2
- 1 can of tuna in olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the olive oil from the tuna into a skillet over a moderate heat. Add an additional splash and the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tuna, capers, juice of half a lemon, red pepper flakes, and season to taste and stir.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the tuna and toss (add more olive oil if needed)
- Turn the heat off and mis in the parsley and serve with lemon and black pepper.